Guide to Repatriation Costs
Homeland International specialise in the repatriation of remains all over the world. We’re here to support anyone in need of our global repatriation service, no matter the location.
We will always provide you with a clear estimate early on. Our charges include the following:
Death in the UK
- Our professional fees – Our professional fees include access to our repatriation experts and their support during the repatriation process. The time taken to manage the repatriation, liaising with government offices and obtaining paperwork as well as keeping everyone updated on the status. This may also be referred to as a ‘Case fee’ or ‘Admin fee’.
- Local removal – A local removal includes the costs associated with the collection of your loved one from the place of death or where they are currently resting, and the careful transportation into our care. This takes into consideration the distance of the journey and whether there is paperwork or belongings to collect from other locations on the way.
- Care of the deceased person – The costs associated with the care of the deceased person include mortuary facilities and the preparation and dressing of your loved one ready for repatriation.
- International embalming – Embalming is a requirement for repatriation by air and often for repatriation by other means of transport too. We will complete an international embalming which will ensure the embassy, consular and airline repatriation requirements are met.
- Coffin suitable for international repatriation – This is the cost of the coffin which we will order for the repatriation. The coffin will be zinc lined or will use a zinc cad sealing which meets all repatriation requirements.
- Coffin preparation – An inspection of the coffin is carried out by a member of our team before repatriation, this includes having the coffin wrapped with protective materials to ensure the repatriation goes ahead safely.
- Free from Infection Certificate – This is the costs associated with the application and collection of the Freedom from Infection Certificate from the doctors, hospital or GP surgery.
- Transportation to the airport – This includes the costs related to the transport of the coffin to the departure airport for the flight.
- Flight – This is the cost of the flight for the coffin to be transported to the destination airport. The cost is based on the total overall weight, we will provide a quotation based on a total weight of 150KG which is usually never exceeded.
Some airlines, such as Pakistan International Airlines, provide free flights for their nationals back to their home country (such as Pakistan). This is only possible to Pakistan and a few other routes around the world, for more information please contact a member of the team for advice.
We hope that this helps answer some of your questions. To proceed with our services, we require you to complete our authorisation form which can be emailed, posted or completed at one of our offices in the UK. Once we have received the death certificate and passport, we can begin the repatriation procedure and will keep you updated at every stage. Contact us to begin arrangements or ask any further questions you may have